Breath Work Class Recording
Instructor: Emmy Vadnais, OTR/L
CEU: 2 Hours
Price: $25 for Full Members of the Holistic OT Community, $49 for non-members
Health Care Practitioners
Would you like to learn simple and effective methods to help your clients and your own self-care with breath work?
Breath work techniques have research supporting efficacy to:
- create the relaxation response – opposite of the stress response
- transform stress, anxiety, pain, and depression to positive states and well-being
- positively affect overall mind, body & spirt health
You will Learn:
- Conscious, controlled, and meditation breathing techniques that can induce the relaxation response and transform stress, anxiety, pain & depression to positive states and well-being.
- How to guide clients in:
- Abdominal/Diaphragm/Deep/Belly Breathing
- Wave Breathing
- Counting with Breath
- Yogic and Pranayama Breathing
- Efficacy-based research supporting breath work in the health care setting.
“This is an incredible foundation course in breath work for both those with some knowledge on the topic and for those with no prior experience. There are many ways my patients can benefit from this, to manage pain, fear, anxiety, and emotions. It will also be a valuable tool in my person life. Highly recommend!” Monica Heltemes, OTR/L
“The Breath Work Class with Emmy Vadnais has a medical approach with strong scientific research. The practice and the personal experiences shared about the therapy work will definitely enhance my OT sessions. After learning about several ailments and precautions I feel that I will be better prepared to integrate breath into my wellness practice in a safer context. Even if I am a devoted yoga practitioner, I find that every class I take makes my understanding deeper. Overall, it will make my entire life, professional and personal better. Thank you so much!” Elena L Wheeler, COTA/L, RYT 500, NCTM/L
“The Breath Work Class was very informative and clear. Emmy is a great presenter with a good balance of evidence based research, practical tools with anecdotal support to the techniques. The breath work techniques are simple to learn and the class is the perfect way to increase confidence to incorporate breath work into many area for OTs. Thank you.” Debbie Hawksworth, OTR/L, Breath Work Facilitator (certified), Reiki Master, Student of Shamanic Studies