Power of the Mind Class Discount Jan/Feb 2022
The Power of the Mind in Healing: Foundations in Integrative Health Class is discounted through January and February 2022 for full members of the Holistic OT Community. This is a class recording that you can complete self-paced.
The Power of the Mind in Healing class is taught by Emmy Vadnais, OTR/L. It will give you foundational Integrative Health approaches to use for your own self care and in your practice. This course will enhance health care professionals’ skills who would like to bring a mind-body-spirit, prevention, and wellness approach to healing.
The mind has an incredible power to heal the mind, the body, and the spirit. Research shows that meditation, relaxation, intuition, and spirituality have abilities to alter mood, emotions, behavior and physiology in positive ways all the way to the genetic level. You will learn these skills for working with clients and for your own personal self care.
This is an Introductory Level Class that is available to Health Care Professionals and anyone who wants to learn these techniques for their own self-care and personal development or to help others. Excellent for occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists, nurses, physicians, mental health practitioners, massage therapists, yoga practitioners, and any one caring for others.
This is the first course in the Holistic Healing Certificate Program. You can take this course and continue on to the next class or take only this class.
60 to 90 percent of visits to doctors are in the mind-body, stress-related realm poorly treated by any drugs or surgery.
—Herb Benson, MD, who coined the term the ‘relaxation response.’
Read The Power of the Mind in Healing by Emmy Vadnais, OTR/L, an article interviewing Herb Benson, MD for ADVANCE Magazine.
You will Learn:
- Foundational Integrative Health techniques for self care and for clients: children and adults
- Emotional Regulation: How to lower and manage stress, pain, anxiety, depression, and trauma with holistic techniques
- Holistic research supporting mind, body, spirit medicine, prevention and wellness in health care
- Experience meditations that can boost mood, self-esteem, compassion, assist with prevention, wellness and expedite recovery
- How meditation, relaxation, spirituality, and intuition can improve confidence and improve overall mood and well being
- How meditation and relaxation techniques can assist with countering negative thoughts, improve attention, and assist with organizing thoughts to carry out activities of daily living – ADL’s
- Deep understanding of the relaxation response and its role in healing, health, recovery, and prevention and how it can heal all the way to the genetic level
- Mindfulness and guided imagery to transform limiting and negative beliefs to positive, peaceful and joyful beliefs
- How you and your clients can use all senses to connect to and trust your intuition to assist with meaning, purpose, and decision-making and in all areas of your life: personal insight & transformation, relationships, career, health, & spirituality
- How art therapy and the symbolic language of intuition can create the relaxation response to lower stress, anxiety, depression, and pain
Class Discount for Full Members: $149, normally $299
Continuing Education – 12 CEUs
Health Care Professionals will receive a Certificate of Completion that may be submitted to your professional board for professional development credits. A completed course evaluation is required within 30 days of taking the class to receive a Certificate of Completion.
This course meets the NBCOT requirement as a Professional Development Activity PDU ID #14.
Distant Learning will meet via the internet or teleconference. You must have a working computer, high speed internet, web cam, microphone, and speakers. Once you have registered you will be instructed on how to connect. It really is easy!
Payment is due in full one week before the start of class. Refunds will not be given after the first class. You must attend each class to receive a Certificate of Completion. If you miss one class you will need to make it up with Emmy based on an hourly rate. If you miss more than one class in a series you will need to retake the entire level. Full refunds will be given if the entire class is cancelled by the instructor. Complaints can be handled with Emmy Vadnais, OTR/L.
Leave a Reply