The OT and Coaching class will give occupational therapists the skills to successfully guide clients with coaching skills as outlined by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the OT Practice Framework. The OT will understand how coaching can be utilized as a profound tool in occupational therapy practice for the occupation of being human. This class will enhance the occupational therapist’s confidence using coaching as an effective tool with clients to meet their occupational performance goals related to health, wellness, and prevention.
- Identify how OTs meet the International Coach Federation (ICF) Guidelines through the ICF core competencies.
- Understand and apply coaching ethics and standards appropriately in all coaching situations.
- Demonstrate improved active listening skills and gain applicable knowledge on the art of inquiry to engage in powerful questioning.
- Gain working foundational knowledge of the coaching process from intake interview to goal setting.
- Understand the process to develop and maintain an effective coaching plan with the client.
- Video one
- Video two